At recent Home and Garden shows, our team had the opportunity to chat with individuals in our communities about their security needs. Many of them had questions about home safety like, what can you do if your current house has a security system and you want to relocate and install it in your new home? Or, what if the home you’re moving to already is equipped with a security system? This season, people are on the move – buying, selling, building or remodeling homes – and they need advice.
A security system is a smart way to protect your family, your home, and your belongings. Relocation professional Ethan Greenfield said, since your security system is specifically designed to fit your needs, it might make sense to take it with you when you move to a new home.
Not sure if you need to take or leave your home security system? Contact us today (800) 403-9471 or schedule a free consultation and we can help you with that decision.
What can you do with your security system when you move?
You have two options: Take it or leave it.
If you have a wired system, it will be difficult to uninstall the equipment and reinstall it at your new home. A wireless system, on the other hand, will be much easier to relocate. We are happy to help you decide what works best.
Reasons to leave your home security system behind include:
- It can add value to your old home and make it more attractive to buyers.
- It can save you time and trouble because you do not have to relocate it.
- Your existing system may not be suitable for your new home.
- You can get a new security system that is a better fit for your new home and changing needs.
The benefits of taking your system with you include:
- You are already familiar with it and Bates Security.
- You will feel safe, knowing you and your family are protected.
- Moving your existing system might save you money.
What if you are relocating to a home that is already equipped with a security system?
Simply contact the security provider that installed the system to schedule an appointment with a representative. These professionals will be able to assess your security needs to see if the system is a good fit for you, or if changes are needed. They will also be able to transfer and activate the service.