This job reports to the Controller.
Bates Security is recruiting for an Accounting Intern to support our Business Department. This part-time paid position is working for the office located in Lexington, KY.
The internship period will be January 2019 through May 2019.
Below is a list of some the essential duties of the role, but it is not a comprehensive list of all duties or expectations for this role.
We are looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for a real-world experience. Under the supervision of our Controller, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the audit of actual financial data, communicate with affiliates regarding missing or incorrect information, and assist with other accounting activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Shadowing members of the Business department as they perform their duties.
· Verify expenses and other accounting data in spreadsheets and the company’s ERP system.
· Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
· Communicate efficiently and effectively with the affiliate staff to explain missing documentation or unallowable costs to obtain an accurate expense calculation.
· Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
· Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
· Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education & Related Work Experience
Education Level: Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or relevant degree.
- Drug Screen
- National Criminal Background Check
Qualified candidates may forward resumes to: lhamm@BatesSecurity.com